Introduction of RTV Silicone Rubber for Plaster Cornice Mold Making
RTV-2 is a two-component Room-Temperature-Vulcanizing (RTV-2) silicone rubber. Depending on its curing mechanism, two types of RTV-2 are available: "condensation" cure type and "addition" cure type. Generally, RTV-2 Silicone Rubber is a kind of two-component material. The RTV-2 silicone rubber is made up of Part A base silicone and Part B curing agent. The Part A base silicone and Part B CA curing agent can cure at room temperature by a condensation reaction, after full cure, it become a cured silicone mold. The silicone mold can be cast the following materials for reproduction: Plaster, polyurethane, PU, GRC, cement, resin, polyester, wax etc...
Characteristics of RTV Silicone Rubber for Plaster Cornice Mold Making
1. Good flow ability and long working time
2. Medium hardness
3. High tear and tensile strength
4. Easy de-mould from complex replica parts
5. Acid and alkali-resistance
6. Low linear shrinkage
Applications of RTV-2 Silicone Rubber
RTV silicone rubber for mold making can be used in the filed of reproducing cement molds, concrete stones, artificial stones, plaster molding, figures, art objects, decoration molding, GRC products, gypsum products, resin products, PU molds. etc.
RTV silicone rubber can be applied in many objects mold making, since the liquid silicone has good flow ability and medium hardness, and the silicone can cure at room temperature, thus it's a good material for duplication.
RTV-2 Silicone Rubber can be used for artificial stone moldmaking. For example MCSIL-266 and MCSIL-288 silicone.
RTV-2 silicone rubber can be appliied in candle and soap moldmaking, such as MCSIL-215 and MCSIL-218 silicone.
RTV-2 silicone rubber can be used for plaster moldmaking, such as MCSIL-M25, MCSIL-H25 and MCSIL-M30 silicone.
RTV-2 silicone rubber can be applied in the field of shoe sole moldmaking, for example, MCSIL-S10 and MCSIL-S15 silicone.
RTV-2 silicone rubber can be used for prototyping and electronic potting.
MCSIL-M30 silicone rubber is suitablr for plaster and GRC mold making.
How to make the silicone mold?
1. Make sure the surface of the original is clean and free of loose material.
2. Weight 100 Part A base and 2 parts of CA30 Curing Agent in a clean container.
3. Stir Part A base silicone before use thoroughly, as filler separation may occur upon prolonged storage.
4. Mix Part A and Part B evenly until the CA30 completely dispersed in the base.
5. Pour the mixed Part A base silicone and CA-30 curing agent as soon as possible onto the original
6. De-mold after 24 hours, it is will improve the replicate times of silicone mold.
Storage of RTV Silicone Rubber For Plaster Cornice Mold Making
When the RTV silicone rubber is stored at or below 30 C (85F) in the original unopened containers, Silicone Base and CA30 Curing agent have a usable life of 12 months from the date of production.
Note of RTV Silicone Rubber For Plaster Cornice Mold Making
RTV2 silicone rubber is an industrial product and must not be used in food molding, dental human skin molding applications.
Need more information, please feel free to contact us.
|Hardness||28-30 Shore A|
|Tear Strength||30 N/mm|